Firing line  

PFS president says the 'only way is up' for body

Today, as a business head, and with the support of his leadership team, he leads multiple teams of advisers who, on a daily basis, are helping clients plan and invest for their future.

Ward says: "All this experience I have gained, both as an adviser and as a leader, have helped me contribute to the PFS."

Article continues after advert

So what professional puzzles keep Ward awake, or keep him keen to drive change in the profession? It seems it's all down to the thrill of being able to help people meet their financial goals.

Ward says: "I was once on a work placement at a local IFA firm where the IFA gave me the opportunity to observe a client meeting. I saw how they positively impacted the client’s life by helping them understand when they could retire and the options they had.

"At that point I was instantly hooked by the profession and started studying to be a financial planner. I’ve always enjoyed helping clients and making a positive difference to help clients achieve their goals.

"My focus in Barclays and at the PFS is on bringing more financial advice to more of the UK population.

"I believe there has never been a better time to receive financial advice."