Mattioli Woods Plc  

Mattioli Woods hires former Hargreaves manager for research role

Mattioli Woods hires former Hargreaves manager for research role

Nigel Reynolds has joined Mattioli Woods as research and development manager.

Reynolds joins from Platform Securities where he spent 14 years, most recently as chief executive officer. 

He was previously a senior manager at Hargreaves Lansdown, where he launched the FX proposition and managed the online IPO for its stock market debut in 2007.

Article continues after advert

He will report directly to Iain McKenzie, group operating officer, and started yesterday (May 10).

Iain McKenzie, group operating officer at Mattioli Woods, said: “Nigel has a depth of knowledge that is rare in the industry and we look forward to harnessing this as we continue to develop our proposition to clients.  Having worked both on the consumer side and on the B2B side, he will further strengthen our team.”

Reynolds added: “I am pleased to be joining Mattioli Woods at such an exciting time in its journey, the business has a clear vision for how it wants to help customers fulfil their dreams through sound financial planning and I am looking forward to being part of that. 

“I loved my time at Platform Securities but after 14 years I felt that I had achieved everything I set out to do and I missed the D2C side.  So, when I looked for a new challenge, Mattioli Woods was a perfect fit for me and I look forward to working with the team around the country.”

Last month, Mattioli Woods acquired advice firm Pole Arnold Financial Management in a deal worth up to £7m.

sally.hickey@ft.com