In Focus: Protecting the nation  

Guardian CEO Katya MacLean to step down

Guardian CEO Katya MacLean to step down
MacLean will step down from the position of CEO at the end of September

Guardian Financial Services has confirmed CEO Katya MacLean, who has led the business for the last five years, will step down at the end of September.

Under her direction, Guardian has grown “substantially” year on year, with a 40 per cent increase in sales in 2023.

MacLean said she felt it was the right time to step aside for someone to lead the next chapter of the company. 

Article continues after advert

“It’s been the best of jobs and an absolute privilege to lead Guardian, with all its wonderful people who fizz with energy, ideas and emotional warmth," she said. 

“As the business reaches this stage in its maturity, it was a natural point for me to either commit to the next big phase over many years or take a break and let someone else lead the next chapter for the company.

“With my children reaching adulthood, the chance to take a break to see the world has proved too tempting. I am so pleased with what we’ve achieved together so far and look forward to watching Guardian’s continued growth.”

MacLean joined the protection challenger in October 2016, first as proposition director before becoming CEO in July 2019. 

Guardian's executive chairman Peter Mann is set to lead the executive team on an interim basis while the search for a full-time CEO takes place. 

Mann said the firm was sad to see MacLean go. He added: "She’s been an inspirational leader for our challenger brand.

“We wish MacLean all the very best on her travels and future challenges and thank her for her drive, direction, endless energy, and enthusiasm which has made Guardian the great place it is today.”

tom.dunstan@ft.com

What's your view?

Have your say in the comments section below or email us: ftadviser.newsdesk@ft.com