Liontrust  

Liontrust chair Alistair Barbour to step down after 13 years

Liontrust chair Alistair Barbour to step down after 13 years
(Pixabay)

Liontrust has announced a new non-executive chair will takeover from Alastair Barbour, who has sat on the board for 13 years. 

Luke Savage is set to take up the role on September 20 from Chesnara, where he is also executive director and chair. 

It comes less than a year after the firm's failed attempted takeover of rival company Gam. 

Article continues after advert

Barbour joined the Liontrust board in 2011 and became chair in 2019. 

He said: "I am proud to have been chair of Liontrust. The group has built a great business; one that is in strong financial health.

"This is based on the hard work and dedication of everyone at Liontrust and I thank them for their contribution."

Barbour was also chair of the nomination committee, which will also be taken up by Savage. 

Luke Savage, incoming non-executive chair, added: “It is to Alastair’s and their credit that Liontrust is such a strong business. 

"I have been impressed by the ambition and strategy of John Ions and Vinay Abrol, the talent they have in their teams and am confident that Liontrust can take advantage of the many opportunities that lie ahead.”

A trading update published earlier this month showed outflows from Liontrust had slowed

Net outflows for the period slowed to £923mn, down from £1.6bn in the same period in 2023. 

Assets under management and advice were £27bn as at June 30, a decrease over the period of 2.8 per cent.

tara.o'connor@ft.com

What's your view?

Have your say in the comments section below or email us: ftadviser.newsdesk@ft.com